About Preserve Marriage Ministry
If you could choose one target to change our culture, What would you pick?
We believe generational change begins in the home. And the key to a healthy home is a thriving marriage. Here are some things to know about Preserve Marriage Ministries:
PRESERVE MARRIAGE MINISTRIES (PMM) exists to strengthen and preserve covenant marriages as God has purposed.
As a freestanding 501 (c) 3, non-profit organization, PMM supports married couples in their pursuit of a covenant marriage and serves as a marriage resource for churches and their staff.
• Divorce Rate > 40%
• Increasing Percentage of Dysfunctional Families
• Children Living in Single Parent Families > 35%
• Living Life Outside God’s Will • Financial Distress • Failure to Communicate • Taking Each Other for Granted • Infidelity • Lying and Deceit • Selfishness • Inability to Resolve Conflict in a Healthy Way • Inability to Love • Lack of Forgiveness • Inability to Extend Grace • Lack of Humility • Lack of Commitment • Demands of Life/Balance • Fear of Rejection • Lack of Intimacy
CHANGING THE CULTURE
“Marital Dysfunction and Divorce has pervasive ill effects on children and the five (5) major institutions of society- the family, the church, the school, the marketplace and government itself. If the family is the building block of society, then marriage is the foundation. Ignoring or failing to address the problems will do little to change the culture of divorce.”
— Author, Patrick F. Fagan is William H.G. Fitzgerald Senior Fellow in Family and Cultural Issues.
Teach skills and provide dating couples and married couples with the information and tools necessary to build and maintain strong covenant marriages.
• Teach God’s Design for Marriage through Biblical Principles.
• Teach couples to love radically, forgive Biblically, respond graciously and lead with a servant’s heart.
o “Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other, as the Lord has forgiven you, so you must forgive.”-Colossians 3:13
o “Humility is not thinking less of yourself, but thinking of yourself less.”-C.S.Lewis
• Guide couples toward growth in their relationship with Christ and with each other.
• Learning God’s principles of Forgiveness.
• Granting Forgiveness.
• Extending Grace.
• Applying Biblical communication skills through practical application.
• Authentic Communication.
• Achieving Spiritual Oneness.
BEFORE THE RING RETREAT
BEYOND THE RING RETREAT
THE SMART STEP FAMILY RETREAT
Thank you for sharing your stories and showing us we can be broken, but because of God, we can be complete.
The retreat meant a lot to me. I learned a lot and know we will take the information we learned and grow with it. I learned I need to take a greater role in our spiritual walk.
You guys are wonderful role models for us and we can’t thank you enough for sharing a piece of yourselves with us.
Preserve Marriage Ministries provide systems of…
- Preparation: To assist couples to slow down and reduce the noise in their lives, and create the environments where God can work in their lives.
- Presentation: To help couples realize God has placed them together and provide opportunities to discover and take the next steps in their marriage.
- Procreation: Follow-up that encourages couples to participate in ongoing relationships that both build them up, and allow them to share their experiences with others.
We bring couples into an environment that reduces the noise in their lives and allows them to rediscover why they got married in the first place.
We believe that:
- God is the “why” in every couple’s marriage, and He has a purpose for every marriage.
- Your spouse is God’s gift to you to allow your marriage to fulfill its purpose.
- God desires marriages to become D-6 marriages: building up each other’s faith and transmitting that faith to future generations.
All of our counselors are trained in biblically-based marriage & family counseling.
Click below to schedule a 1-hr appointment today.Meet the Counseling Faculty
Our Intensives are a 2 to 4 day, focused counseling setting for couples in crisis.
Click below to talk with someone further.Learn More about Intensives